Terms of Service
Welcome to Geosocio!
These Terms govern your use of Geosocio and the products, features, apps, services, technologies and software that we offer except where we expressly state that separate Terms (and not these) apply.
1. Our services
Our mission is to connect people the with their surroundings. To help advance our mission, we provide the products and services listed below to you:
Provide a personalized experience for you:
Your experience on Geosocio from the posts, events, ads and other content that you see in News Feed or Communities that you joined and other features that you might use, such as Trending and search. We use the data we have – for example, about the connections you make, geo-location, the interests and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to personalize your experience.
Connect you with people and organizations in which you are interested:
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations and others that matter to you across the Geosocio Products you use. We use the data that we have to make suggestions for you and others – for example, your location, your interests’ settings and your behavior on and off our Products. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe that our services are most useful when people are connected to people, societies, businesses, retailers, startups and organizations that they interested in their surroundings.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you with the people in your surroundings:
There are many ways to express yourself on Geosocio and to communicate with friends, family and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing updates, creating communities.
Help you connect with content, products and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products and services that are offered by the many businesses and organizations that use Geosocio and other Geosocio Products. Our allies pay us to show their content to you, and we design our services so that the sponsored content you see is as relevant and useful to you as you interact with our Products.
Enable the local retailers and businesses, service providers and producers to create local reputation of their product of services:
We enable the local retailers, businesses, service providers, producers, places, information, and things to create online reputation by showing the ratings and reviews (comment) by others to attract more and more interested people.
Prevent you from fraud:
To prevent the users from misinformation, disinformation and fraud we maintain ratings and reviews (comments) of everything and shows it to others.
Tackle harmful conduct, and protect and support our community:
People will only build community on Geosocio if they feel safe. We team and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct towards others and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access to certain features, disabling an account, decrease in rating banality or contacting law enforcement.
Research ways to make our services better:
We participate in research and collaborate with others to improve our Products. One way is by analyzing the data to find how people use our products.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in data centers and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Geosocio.
2. Your commitments to Geosocio and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help pursue our mission. In return, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use Geosocio
When people accountable to their opinions and actions, our community is safer.
For this reason, you must:
• Use the real name that you use in everyday life.
• Provide accurate information about yourself.
• Create single account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
• Not share your password, give access to your Geosocio account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Geosocio broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Geosocio if:
• You are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
• You are a convicted sex offender.
• We've previously disabled your account for breaks of our Terms or Policies.
• You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on Geosocio
We want people to use Geosocio to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to involve in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
• That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
• That infringes or breaches someone else's rights.
• Irrelevant to selected criteria
2. You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
3. You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content that you share in breach of these provisions and, if applicable, we may act against your account. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly invade other people's intellectual property rights.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use content that you create, rate or review(comment): You own the content that you create and share on Geosocio and the other Geosocio Products you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. To provide our services, however, we want you to give us some legal permissions to use this content.
Specifically, when you post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to host, use, rate, review(comment), distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content, its reviews(comments) and ratings. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Geosocio, you give us permission to store, copy and share it, its reviews and ratings with others such as service providers that support our service or other Geosocio Products that you use.
You can end this license by deleting your content. You should familiar that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users).
2. Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on Geosocio next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show others that you are interested in an advertised event that has paid us to display its ads on Geosocio.
3. Permission to access your location: You give us permission to access your location to our services.
4. Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products and your experience. That’s why, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless if not required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them in the event that you keep on utilizing our Products.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want Geosocio to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have breached our terms or policies, we may act against your account to protect our community and services, including by suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or deactivate your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law.
3. Limits on liability
We do our best to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided "as is", and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We don't control or direct what individuals and others do or say, and are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any substance that they share (counting hostile, improper, indecent, unlawful and other frightful substance).
We cannot predict when issues may arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Geosocio Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If any dispute arises then it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Geosocio Products ("claim"), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim.
1. These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Geosocio. regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to impose any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any modification to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
3. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
4. These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
5. You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the real name that you use in everyday life).
6. We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no responsibility to keep them confidential.
7. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.